Increased cloud adoption by deploying modern apps in K8s opens up entire new sets of use cases for enterprises on a constant basis. Hence the need to create lightweight and efficient containers that start almost instantly and consume less memory and CPU by orders of magnitude.
Native images are the next chapter of Spring’s innovation journey in the K8s world. Can Spring Native with GraalVM make the migration to native images seamless? Is there anything that could potentially trip us up? What do we need to know when migrating apps to native? Can we learn to write better Java code in the process?
- Familiarity with Spring Boot and Java 11
- Basic Unix commands
- Strigo workshop platform requirements
- A supported browser (Chrome v51+, Mozilla Firefox)
- MacBook or Linux-based machines are recommended (but not required)
- Basic understanding of Spring Boot, Maven, and Docker
Senior Platform Architect at VMware
Advisory Solutions Engineer at VMware
Specialist Solutions Engineer at VMware