Beginners to Spring get an overview from VMware Tanzu/Spring engineers.
Spring Boot makes it easy to create production-grade, Spring-based Applications that you can “just run.” We take an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss.
Most Spring Boot applications need minimal Spring configuration. In this 120-minute workshop, you’ll get a quick introduction to key Spring Boot concepts, and learn how to quickly build a working Spring Boot application.
- What is Spring? Spring Framework vs. Spring Boot
- The three core features of Spring Boot upon which everything else builds
- Creating Spring Boot applications with the Spring Initializr
- Hello, world! Creating your first Spring Boot REST API
- Spring core features: Dependency injection, logging, and more
- Externalized configuration
- Connecting a database to your Spring Boot application
And anything else we can fit into the session. Come and see what the excitement is all about!
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE
- Familiarity with Java Build tools like Maven or Gradle
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from the command line