Get hands-on experience bringing test driven development to the API level
Learn how to create more resilient, automated distributed systems with a contract based testing framework
A common tenet of constructing distributed systems is to develop using an API-First approach. By tying the components together through their APIs, the implementations remain loosely coupled, allowing teams to operate autonomously and implement separately. However, it is imperative that teams have a strong safety net that enables build-time checking of adherence to the API; discovering such a failure at runtime is too late.
So how do teams build this confidence? In this workshop we will illustrate a test-driven development approach to building contract level testing for the APIs, showing both consumer and producer level tests before any implementation of those APIs.
- Basic understanding of Spring Boot
- Beginner-level understanding of 12-factor or cloud-native design patterns
- Modern browser such as Chrome
- Java 17
- Java IDE (e.g. IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code)
- Ability to use a terminal with bash
- Ability to pull from a GitHub repo