Increased cloud adoption by deploying modern apps in K8s opens up entire new sets of use cases for enterprises on a constant basis. Hence the need to create lightweight and efficient containers that start almost instantly and consume less memory and CPU by orders of magnitude.
Native images are the next chapter of Spring’s innovation journey in the K8s world. Can Spring Native with GraalVM make the migration to native images seamless? Is there anything that could potentially trip us up? What do we need to know when migrating apps to native? Can we learn to write better Java code in the process?
- Java and Maven
- Java 11 OpenJDK: Install with AdoptOpenJDK downloads or SDK Manager (recommended)
- Or, GraalVM 188.8.131.52-r11: Install with GraalVM download, or SDK Manager (recommended)
- Docker Utilities
- Strigo workshop platform requirements
- A supported browser (Chrome v51+, Mozilla Firefox)
- MacBook or Linux-based machines are recommended (but not required)
- Basic understanding of Spring Boot, Maven, and Docker