Spring Boot makes it easy to create standalone, production-grade Spring-based applications that you can "just run." We take an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need minimal Spring configuration.
In this 90-minute workshop, you’ll get a quick introduction to key Spring Boot concepts, and learn how to quickly build a working Spring Boot application.
- The three core features of Spring Boot upon which everything else builds
- Maven or Gradle? Java or Kotlin? Which version of Boot should you use? Why?
- Getting started creating Spring Boot apps
- Hello world! Creating your first Spring Boot REST API
- Adding database access to your Spring Boot app
And anything else we can fit into the session. Come and see what the excitement is all about!
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt or PowerShell
- Strigo workshop platform requirements
- A supported browser (Chrome v51+, Mozilla Firefox)