Kubernetes and microservices have gained widespread adoption in the enterprise developer community. Subsequently, event-driven architectures have become a popular way to build and deploy new applications. Knative and Tekton are two complementary Kubernetes-native technologies that make it easier than ever for developers to get started. Knative is a platform to build event-driven applications, and Tekton continuously deploys them.
In this workshop, you’ll get hands-on with Knative and Tekton:
- Set up a Kubernetes cluster using KinD.
- Deploy Knative, Octant, and Tekton and configure those services to work with your new cluster.
- Deploy services using both Knative serving and eventing.
- Build event-driven pipelines to deploy your services using Tekton.
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt
- Docker and kubectl installed
- Internet access
- Strigo workshop platform requirements
- A supported browser (Chrome v51+, Mozilla Firefox)