The Spring Cloud family of projects has been evolving continuously since 2015 and it has excellent support for Kubernetes. However, given the pace of change in the Kubernetes and Spring ecosystem, online searches frequently return out-of-date results and approaches that should no longer be used.
This workshop is designed to provide you with up-to-date recommendations on how to use the Spring Cloud 2020 release on top of Kubernetes. Topics covered include:
- Various ways of dealing with application configuration
- Service discovery with Spring Cloud on Kubernetes
- Load balancing and circuit breakers
This workshop assumes you’re familiar with Spring Boot and Kubernetes.
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt or PowerShell