Spring Cloud Gateway is a developer-friendly way to route API requests (internal or external) to the correct service. The product is based on the open source Spring Cloud Gateway project, and provides a simple yet effective way to route traffic to APIs. Developers use Spring Cloud Gateway to provide cross-cutting concerns to APIs, such as: single sign-on, access control, rate limiting, and resiliency.
This workshop is designed to give you a hands-on introduction to Spring Cloud Gateway for Kubernetes. Here’s what we’ll cover during the workshop:
- Installation of Spring Cloud Gateway
- Spring Cloud Gateway architecture on Kubernetes
- Tour of technical capabilities of Spring Cloud Gateway
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt or PowerShell