Track: Beginner-Friendly Spring
The Spring ecosystem provides you with all you need for building modern applications. In this session, we’ll highlight useful features in five areas to get your applications ready for production.
- JVM and Containerization. Producing efficient Spring Boot images with Cloud Native Buildpacks, configuring CPU and memory for the JVM, and handling container resources in Kubernetes.
- Configuration. Avoiding common mistakes when using profiles, planning a configuration strategy using property files, configuration services, and Kubernetes.
- Data Integration. Managing schemas and data with Flyway directly from Spring Boot for imperative and reactive apps.
- Testing. Leveraging sliced tests for targeted integration tests, using mock servers, and relying on Testcontainers for environment parity.
- Monitoring. Configuring health probes for Kubernetes, securing the management endpoints, taking a heap dump, and troubleshooting performance.