Albertsons is among the top retail grocery chains in the U.S. The journey of modernization and transformation has been unique at Albertsons. Migration of the retail systems that include business-critical ecommerce apps, along with a laser focus on user experience to be uniform and omni-channel, makes it a very challenging endeavor.
These are the key drivers that pushed us to innovate:
- Compute elasticity
- Availability of PaaS, first-party services
- Cloud migration
- Cloud adoption
- Secondary region availability
Come listen to how we managed:
- Friction between the systems used by Merchandising, Supply Chain, Retail, and Accounting
- Migrating all types of legacy systems
- Modernizing mainframe applications
- Uniform user experience with modernized and redesigned user experience
- Building modern cloud applications to take advantage of Cloud features
We'll detail how our partnership with VMware Tanzu and MS Azure helped catapult us to our current state.