In this session, you’ll get a quick introduction to the critical concepts of Spring Boot and learn how to quickly build working Spring Boot applications. Topics include:
- The three core features of Spring Boot upon which everything else builds
- Maven or Gradle? Java or Kotlin? Which version of Boot should you use? Why?
- Getting started creating Spring Boot apps
- Spring support in Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- Hello world! Creating your first Spring Boot REST API
- Adding database access to your Spring Boot app
- Making your app reactive
And anything else we can fit into the session. Come and see what the excitement is all about! All code will be written live and in real time!
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt or PowerShell