In this session, you’ll get a quick introduction to the critical concepts of Spring Boot and learn how to quickly build working Spring Boot applications. Topics include:
- The three core features of Spring Boot upon which everything else builds
- Maven or Gradle? Java or Kotlin? Which version of Boot should you use? Why?
- Getting started creating Spring Boot apps
- Spring support in Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Hello world! Creating your first Spring Boot REST API
- Adding database access to your Spring Boot app
- Making your app reactive
- And anything else we can fit into the session. Come & see what the excitement is all about, all code will be written live and in real-time!
- Basic Java development skills and familiarity with at least one IDE.
- Familiarity with running basic OS commands from a command prompt or PowerShell
- An Internet connection
- A supported browser (Chrome v51+, Mozilla Firefox)