In this talk, Andy and Sébastien are going to share the latest status of their work on Spring GraalVM Native, the incubating project that allows Spring Boot applications to run as a native images.
They’ll talk about:
* Cheaper and greener Cloud hosting via reduced memory consumption and scale to 0 applications
* The collaboration between GraalVM and Spring teams
* Project Leyden
* The 3 modes of GraalVM native support: feature, agent and hybrid
* Spring Boot applications without GraalVM reflection configuration via functional bean registration
* Container-driven developer experience and deployment unit
* The challenge of compatibility and maintainability
* Related architectural changes in Spring
They’ll finish this presentation by sharing a glimpse of the 2021 roadmap.