Grab a drink and join us for a live coding session to build a Spring Boot application. We’ll return to the basics and show good practices and recommendations.
A load of fundamental concepts, which are sometimes overlooked and missed, will be revisited in this session:
* Application configuration: favor yaml file and type-safe validated configuration properties
* Create Spring-managed bean: use Spring’s stereotype annotations and @Bean annotation
* Dependency injection: favor implicit single constructor injection
* Bean scope: singleton is a given
* Initial processing after start up: use CommandLineRunner and application event listener
* Be productive: use Lombok, Boot Dashboard, and DevTools
* Troubleshooting tips: turn on debug, tune log level, and use actuator end points
By the end of the session, you’ll take away many practical tips that can be used immediately when building your next application.